On Sunday January 4, 2009 we hit a milestone that was very exciting for my 3 1/2 yr old. Austin Joseph Ray graduated from nursery and is now a sunbeam in primary. He graduated with his buddy Connor which made it even more exciting. It was so cute because they had a little graduation ceremony for them at the beginning of primary (well in the nursery so even Mason got to be in attendance), they said their farewells to their teachers and classmates, in Austin's case his brother, got introduced to their teacher and were off. He was shy and unsure about what was happening but he was prepared. We had been talking for a while about what would be happening after Christmas time at church so he knew that he was going to the big boy class. During closing exercises they sang the Hello song to them and it made me tear up to think that my first, my baby, was old enough to be in primary. He came home very excited about his big day. His teacher was Heidi Gerloff, who made it very fun because according to him "we sang songs and played with playdough". Austin proceeded to sing the songs "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" and "Once there was a snowman". We are just so proud of our little sunbeam. (And to all you mothers who may think I was a little over emotional think back to the days when you sent your first off on their first exciting adventures, or if you haven't yet then you just wait, your time will come!)
You can see in the picture that he is sticking out his chin.. this face that he makes is his I am a little nervous, unsure, or shy face. We love it!! You can also see him holding his little diploma that he got.. and the parents were given the official certificate.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
A Sunbeam
Posted by Dustin and Tonya Ray Family at 3:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Hi Tonya,
Your new entery brought back so many memories when my boys were in primary. Thank you for the lovely reminder.
My blogs:
http://inspirationallettersbymillie.blogspot.com
http://2good4nana.spaces.live.com/
So cute. I'm teaching sunbeams now and I was very surprised at how well they did being fresh out of nursery. Such a fun age!
That's so exciting! And you are not overemotional! Just thinking about Dallin being old enough for Primary makes me teary eyed! I think that's just part of being a mommy :)
I love Austin's face too! I've noticed it in a few pictures and I think it's so funny! Enjoy being in Primary w/Austin. Some of my favorite primary years were when my mom had a calling in Primary and we were there together!
I can't believe those little ones are Sunbeams. Time flies when you're having fun!
Post a Comment