Friday, January 30, 2009

It Always works out...

My neighbor and good friend recently moved away (sniffle, sniffle) before she moved she gave me some (as she put it) strange food items.. well here is a story that she will appreciate. Last night we had the missionaries over for dinner and I was in need of a dessert.. I thought about cookies but didnt have enough chocolate chips.. so as I was digging for a veggie in my pantry I found blueberry pie filling..well some of the strange food items, my friend had given me were pie crusts and cool whip.. so I was able to make a blueberry pie for dessert.. which was delicious.. no work at all thanks to Morgan.. So the moral of the story is what may be strange and unusable for us is always usable for someone else, so instead of throwing it away, try giving it away!!!

1 comments:

Morgan said...

I'm so glad you were able to use some of that stuff! I figured you'd be creative enough to make something with it :) And blueberry pie sounds wonderful! I hate moving because of all of the food you can't take with you, but it was good knowing it was going to your family! I miss you :(