This morning for part of my personal spiritual study I read a couple messages in the December Ensign (for those of you unfamiliar with what the Ensign is, it is a magazine that our church publishes). As I read these stories I noticed that the recurring theme was one of giving selflessly (Christmas Miracles). It really touched me to read of those who sacrificed all they had to help others in need. Tonight as I was searching for Christmas music to add to my blog I stumbled across a Martina Mcbride song titled "Concrete Angel". I have added it to my playlist and request that everyone click on it and listen carefully to the words. It is actually a sad song.. that speaks of a girl who overcomes her own trials. The sadest part of the song is not only the difficult abuse that she deals with but that those around her ignored the quiet pleas for help such as her tears and bruises. It is my hope that during these holidays we can all put aside ourselves and listen more carefully to the cries for help around us whether it be a prompting to visit a neighbor or call a friend. Maybe help an elderly person to their car on an icy day. Whatever our Christmas Miracle may be let us listen to our hearts, act upon them and be the instrument in the Lord's hand,
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
What a great blog! I love the song concrete angel- I was in a dance club while I was in high school and we actually did our lyrical dance to that song. It was so moving and everyone in the crowd was in tears because it is such an emotional song!
Very sweet thoughts, thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment