Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Under Water

For those of you who don't know we had an unfortunate occurance during our "relaxing" Sunday nap... we were woken up by Austin banging on the door yelling mommy, daddy there is water.. water is everywhere. So we jumped out of bed. My feet were greated with a nice sloshy feeling as I went to open the door. The edge of my pants quickly became soaked from inches of water flowing from the bathroom. Something had happened with the toilet! So we quickly soaked up as much water as we could,and moved the furniture and junk so that it was not near the wetness. We called Emergency Maintenance. They came and said we needed to depart for the night so we packed up and went to Mammaw and Pappaw's house. We ended up being there until Tuesday morning. However our apt was still not ready for us so Dustin went to work and the boys and I crashed at our friends the Stockings all day. Tera ended babysitting the boys while I came down to help Dustin fix the carpet and move furniture back into place. Needless to say the apt is still in disarray but at least we are living here again. Below are pictures of some of the flooded areas and our adventures at Mammaw's. The pics don't really do justice and you can't really see but they will help us remember this wonderful adventure!

4 comments:

The Quayles said...

Oh Tonya I can't believe it! I'm so sorry! Remember if you need anything just call or if you need somewhere to go, come on all over!

Shelly said...

Sounds like a heck of a story! Can't wait to call Tera and get the details.

About Us said...

oh my goodness tonya! I am sorry to hear that! What an adventure in deed! LOL Let me know if yall need anything!

Morgan said...

Wow, it looks worse than I thought :( Sorry you've had to deal with this! Hopefully someday you and Dustin will be able to laugh about this...but I'm sure it'll be awhile!! The pics. at Dustin's grandparents were so sweet- you're lucky to have them so close!