Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sinking Feeling

Today I decided to do a load of laundry since Dustin was home.. so I went and put a load in the washer.. but he had to go run errands so he left. A hour later I realize that I had to go switch my load to the dryer or the laundry nazis would take care of it, so I decided that since the boys were both sleeping I would sneak out real quickly and throw it in the dryer (the laundry room is right next door to our building) Well.. this idea backfired! I came back to the apt to get back in and the door was LOCKED... panic took over me.. who locked the door? The boys were both sleeping.. I surely didn't.. how was I going to get back in.. I banged and banged on the door very loudly hoping Austin would hear and wake up.. he didn't, however Mason did and I could hear him banging on his bedroom door back at me. He dosen't know how to open doors yet and just didn't figure it out. Austin was sleeping in my room so Mason couldn't wake him up. I was out of luck.. the office was all the way down the hill and I just didn't feel comfortable leaving the boys for that long while I walked there and back, so I quickly ran to my friend Morgan's apt and she drove me down the hill. I got the master key and all was well. What a HORRIBLE, AWFUL feeling that was to be locked out from my boys. The lesson I learned from this experience is two fold.. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want my washer and dryer..we don't have hookups:( And I won't EVER do laundry when Dustin is not at home or without the boys (which is very limiting but oh well!)

6 comments:

About Us said...

Oh how scary!! I am so glad you were able to get into the apartment finally though. You are ALWAYS welcome to come bring the kids and do laundry at our place!!

Kate said...

I remember that feeling of running outside to another building to do laundry leaving Calin alone-hated it. Remember to take your house keys with you! And that goes for playing in the yard and what not too. I'd have Calin run back in for a sec and turn the lock on his way back out as he slammed the door. I've learned (the hard way)not to step out without them.

Morgan said...

That was scary huh? I'm a pretty bad visiting teacher, but I'm usually home in case crazy situations happen :) I'm glad I can help in some way! Someday you'll have a home w/a washer and dryer and you'll never take it for granted because you know how hard it is to be without them!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

That stinks!

Shelly said...

I feel your pAIN. I didn't have my own washer/dryer till age 31. I use to hate leaving my kids sleeping in the apt to go switch things. And I know what you mean by laundry NAzi's. I've got some pretty funny stories about that!

Joan said...

DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN! LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER!