Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Belated Father's Day Tribute

This post is dedicated to my father. Someone who has always loved and supported me. Someone who performed miracles such as making me smile while running an agonizing highschool cross country race. I would hear Go ROSIE.. you can do it.. and that's when I knew I could. My dad has always been very special to me... he can always make me smile and laugh. During a very difficult time in my life he brought me home an adorable, purple bunny that giggled to cheer me up. I love that bunny.. it continued to laugh until about 2 yrs ago when my neices and I ran it out of laughter. He has always spoiled me and continues to spoil me because I am his baby girl, however, his other daughter is just as spoiled because she is the oldest.. so as the only two girls in the family neither of us get the short end of the stick, we are both rather spoiled by my dad. Anyways even though I am married and on my own, my dad continues to be my hero.. he took care of my baby boy when I was bedridden and Dustin exhausted from caring for our other child, working full time and going to school. He was the one who woke up during the night and rocked or walked with Mason even fed him his night feedings. He was a wonderful grandfather and now has a best buddy because of it. My dad passed to me one of the greatest lessons in life.. to always make life interesting by being goofy and fun. He taught me to love dancing and socializing. One of my favorite memories that he shares with my sons now is reading GO DOGS GO.. that is the book that he taught me to read with. I will never forget our frustrating math sessions as he attempted to teach me math without turning red and becoming so frustrated he would eventually have to take a break. He always came back and never gave up on me until I learned it. My dad has always believed in me. Another one of my favorite memories is when he sings me DO YOU LOVE ME (hence the song choice on our favorite tunes.. it is a shout out to my DAD) Dad I love the way you answer the phone Buchkovich fun house, I love the way you dance all around, I love the way my boys adore you, I love that every morning when I was growing up when I came to say good bye you were either reading your scriptures or on your knees praying.. your example taught me how important those two things are in my life. I love that you are a health nut now and you read your scriptures while running on the eliptical, I love your enthusiasm for vacations and family time. You may be silly.. but you are my dad.. and I will always love you. Dad I just want you to know that I love you so much! You are the COOLEST DAD!

5 comments:

Poppop said...

Вы. Я тебя люблю очень много и вспомните что меньшяя влюбленность замечает вас всегда клала в мой обед. Ваш папа

Natalie Buchkovich said...

You Dad is great!!

Joan said...

That was great. I laughed and laughed again! Nice memories Rosie.

Kate said...

Aww, that's such a sweet tribute to your dad!

Susan said...

how every tender!