Yesterday was one of two special days we have this month as an immediate family. And it was a great day. It started out with Austin peeing in the potty, which was a great gift. And a phone call from my mom to wish me happy birthday. It was a day off from my walk (which is only good because I didn't have to suffer from the heat and humdity otherwise it was a bummer). At 11 some friends picked me up (and we met some more friends) and we went to the Olive Garden for their soup, salad, and breadsticks special. This tasted amazing.. there is something about their salad that is so good. Its the dressing but when you buy the dressing it still dosen't compare to the salad at the restaurant. It was so fun to sit and socialize with my friends.. even though we all had our children they were well behaved and we were able to enjoy ourselves. Anyways.. we came home and I received a phone call that melted my heart.. it was my 3 neices singing happy Birthday to me, with my sister in the background holding my nephew who was cooing the song to me. It did almost make me cry!! I miss those girls and that little guy. After the call we got a huge SURPRISE.. Dustin finished work early so he was home to spend the rest of the day with us. While I was preparing for the highlight of the night.. I got a phone call from my brother Martin wishing me a Happy Birthday (thank you for remembering). Then for the first time in I don't know how long Dustin and I got a real date.. without any kids... it was so nice!!! Our friends babysat for us so we could go out. It was an enjoyable evening just the two of us becoming acquainted again. And the best part was we could talk without being interrupted. It was wonderful! When we returned to our friends to get our boys they surprised me with a birthday cake, And they had had company so there were more of our friends there to help me celebrate my birthday. Too top it off when I checked my email I received a wonderful ecard wishing me a happy birthday from my brother's family. Thank you to everyone who remembered my birthday and helped me celebrate.. you all made it a truly wonderful and special day!!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Glad you had such a great Birthday! There is nothing better when you have a great group of friends when there is no family around. And glad you had a night out with no kiddos!!
Happy Birthday sweetie!!! Isn't it great to be 20 ...... again?!?
Post a Comment