Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Potty Training Blues...

OK... we have done every trick in the book and he just will not use the potty. He knows when he needs to go... he takes off his diaper and immediately tells you he peed... he wakes up dry most nights and most naps... all the signs tell us ...HELLO ITS TIME.. but he flat out refuses to use the potty.. when I mean that I have tried everything I mean everything.. new potty seat all the way to target practice and bribing.... So if you have any suggestions.. PLEASE leave them! Thank you!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Patience, and keep having him sit on the potty even if he doesn't go. He will get it eventually. oh and don't forget the importance of candy. One thing that worked for some of my kids was putting food coloring in the toilet water. They had fun peeing in the different colored water. Good Luck!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

My sister-in-law just sent me this 3 day thing that she tainned her twins with. My neice was trainned in one day, and my nefew was trainned in 1.5 days. I am going to take three days next week and give it a try on Weston. If I have success, I will pass it on to you! Good Luck!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Oh and one more thing. This program includes night time trainnig as well. So you get them both done at once.

Amy said...

The trick is to go on a trip and make dad and aunt do it. When I went to Singapore, I came home to a potty trained 3 yr 4 mo boy! I think what most influenced him was his cousins potty training with him, because he had all the signs he was ready but didn't want to before then. Good luck.