Austin and I ( Dustin ) would like to share with you a very sacred experience we shared Sunday. As most of you know this weekend was a very special weekend in the church, not only with General Conference but also saturday being the solemn assembly. I guess all of us were a little more spiritually minded and sensitive. In between sessions on Sunday, Tonya being tired decided to lay down for a nap while I made the family lunch. I was making hamburgers. Austin was hanging out with me in the kitchen as I cooked. At one moment we were standing in front of the kitchen table setting it up. All of the sudden from Austin, he and I being the only ones in the room, I heard in his sweet innocent little boy voice as he pointed towards the empty chair across from us, "Look Dad, there's Jesus" At first I had to make sure I had heard it right. You can understand that I was very amazed. After he told me again and sensing that we were having a sacred moment, I stooped down to his height and gently said to him, "Do you see Jesus? Where, where is Jesus?" I heard again, "There's Jesus!" as he pointed in the same direction. He continued to move and reach even closer until finally his little hand was directly over the stack of four cheese slices I had set on the table in preperation for dinner, and he said again (and this time I understood) "Here dad, here's cheeses!"
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Hahahahahaha! Too funny!
That is too funny! You had me believing for a while!
you can't get any more sacred moment than a stack of cheeses! Thanx...loved the story
How funny!! What a great story!
Post a Comment