Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Little Criminal


For the first time yesterday I went to a flea market. Dustin's grandparents came to visit so we walked over to the flea market that is literally a stone throw's away from our apartments. Mammaw and I decided to go into the big building and see what was in there, so we did. While we were in one little shop that was sectioned off, Austin brought me over a very cool electrical shark toy that could eat things, I told him that we couldn't get it today but maybe another day. Well, we left the store and I bumped the basket of my stroller and out to my utter dismay fell the shark toy, when I bent down to pick it up I noticed that not only had he shoplifted one but two shark toys (one for him and one for his brother). HUMILIATED... I quickly ran them back to the little shop and set them down before anyone noticed!!!! Luckily he wasn't caught and I didn't have to take my first ride in the back of a police car.. How would I explain that one!!

2 comments:

Joan said...

Alex and I watched a nanny show the other day where a little girl about the same age as Austin took things every time they went to the store. The solution was that they played store with her at home and stressed paying for the things in the cart. They then went to the store and had her buy something with money. It supposedly worked!

Shelly said...

I LOVE flea markets. I grew up going ot hte Hartville Flea Market alll the time! I haven't been for a few years I guess I'm overdue. kaylee like to take candy from the check out at the grocery store and start eating it. So then I have to pay for it. Bekah did the same thing at her age! These little ones are sneaky.