Just wanted to share my small world moment but first let me give background. Most of you know that I spent 3 yrs of my schooling at BYU.. a religious school that is taught mostly by members of my faith. Well today I started my college experience a little nervous, and worried. I was going to an ordinary college that had the potential of having anti-mormon professors (which my husband just experience last semester at the same school). I noticed on my schedule that the last name of my professor was very familiar.. I mean I knew people with this last name.. a good friend. So I went to class with little expectations just because what were the chances. When I saw my teacher I realized that she was very familiar to me and I was 90% sure it was my friends mother-in-law but I was thinking maybe my memory was playing tricks on me. Then she said something that made me 100% sure.. she was going to NYC to babysit her two grandbabies. Then I knew it.. My friend Katie Shafer lives in NYC. Yes my friends mother in law is my teacher. HOW COOL IS THAT.. so I have nothing to fear because she is a member of the church who will not take my religion out on my grade... I thought this was very funny considering that I had gone all the way out to BYU to experience this and my first experience out of BYU was with a member teacher. How funny is life and how small a world!!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm so happy that you have Cathy! She's a really great teacher because she knows a ton, but is also good at making the class enjoyable. I hope you get an A. I'll put in a good word for you!
That is awesome Tonya!! I'm so glad that you don't have to worry about your religion affecting class grades! Yay! Good luck with everything and let me know if you need anything!
Post a Comment